1. Scan Profiles (Shares) – Scan a subset of Shares in computers for recursive scanning and reporting.
Figure #1: Scan Profile Manager – Shares
Existing shares are listed with provisions to create a new scan profile (or) modify / delete / view the existing profiles.
Figure #2: A sample Scan Profile for Shares
You can create a scan profile for Shares by entering the UNC Path for the Shares / folders and add it to the list or you can import the UNC paths of shares / folders from a text file.
2. Auditing – NTFS SACL Permissions using Power Search
Figure #3: Audit Type & Permissions
The NTFS SACL permissions can be reported choosing any of the Audit types – Success, Failure or both for the selected permissions which are either Explicit or Inherited or both.
Figure #4: NTFS – SACL Permissions report
The following is a sample Audit report (NTFS SACL permissions) generated using Power Search tool.
3. Validate folder / file paths while generating reports
Figure #5: Folder / File path errors validation
Using the newly introduced options to validate errors, you can generate the reports if there are no errors or if there are some errors encountered in the specified folder / file paths.
4. Check Task status during Tasks Scheduling
Figure #6: Scheduled task status
Status of the task run can be viewed anytime by clicking the hyperlink under the Task Status column.
5. Enhanced MS-Excel format when exporting reports
The MS-Excel files can be exported in either “Pre-Excel 2007” or “Excel 2007 and higher versions format” where the former supports an export of 65,536 lines of data per sheet and the latter supports 1,048,576 lines of data per sheet. The remaining data will be saved in consecutive new sheets within the same XLSX file, if the current sheet exceeds the limit.
Here is a quick recap of the new features & enhancements in NTFS Security Auditor v2.0 & v2.1:
- Create Scan profiles for Shares as done for Computers & Users/Groups in earlier version
- Generate Auditing (SACL) reports using Power Search in addition to DACL permissions
- Validate folder / file paths for errors prior to generating the reports
- Provision to view the Task Status during task scheduling
- Exports to XLS & XLSX file format
If you are interested in new version of NTFS Security Auditor v2.1, please follow the link below to download the software.